usually i like to follow a recipe closely the first time and then get crazy with additions, substitutions and modifications after that... rarely can i just leave well enough alone.
bonzo's totally in a picky phase, too which keeps this mama on her toes in the feeding department. yet another reason i heart nursing – and why i let bonz set the pace and timeline.
these muffins actually made it into his mouth and were chewed and swallowed as opposed to being bitten once and dramatically spit out. or worse: not even touched – just skeptically glared at.
instead of 1 cup all purpose flour, i did 3/4 cup all purpose flour and 1/4 cup quinoa flour and i used 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour and 1/4 cup almond meal.
and, of course, i threw in some chia seeds (2 tbsp probably) and some walnuts, too.
Zucchini Muffins (12 Muffins or 24 Mini Muffins)
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Eggs, whisked
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/3 Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
2/3 Cup Agave Nectar
1 1/2 Cups Zucchini, shredded (about 2 small zucchini)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Place the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir just until the ingredients are combined.
5. Pour the zucchini mixture into large or small muffins cups (I like to use a small ice cream scooper to make spooning into the muffin cups easier).
6. Bake 15 minutes for small muffins and 20 minutes for large ones.
7. Cool and serve.
how many muffins is too many muffins to eat in one day?